Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Author 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 10 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Avatars Reply with quote

toggle wrote:
Mr O wrote:
Jamanda wrote:

Our members have voted that we do not permit moving images as avatars.

How did you work that out? 65 votes in total, hardly even a snapshot of the membership. Personaly I am not bothered either way but I did vote. It seems to me that 29 members don't like moving images and the rest dont give a s***, so it is in reality an overwhelming vote to leave the images moving, I would say?

65 is a fair proportion of the membership that post on a very regular basis.

Do you really think so? Is it a real reflection of all the members? Regardless if they post often or not? Post counts are irrelevant in my eyes. Perhaps you feel they are more important than I do?

toggle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 10 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i made no mention of post count at all.

A lot of the membership list is inactives, people who drift in for a specific reason and then do not return or people who were once active members and have left. the actual regularly posting membership is fairly small.

I would suspect that polls that you agree with the result of would not be criticised in a similar manner.

Mr O

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 10 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toggle wrote:

A lot of the membership list is inactives, people who drift in for a specific reason and then do not return or people who were once active members and have left. the actual regularly posting membership is fairly small.

I would suspect that polls that you agree with the result of would not be criticised in a similar manner.

All irrelevant.

pricey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 10 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i wasn't going to say anything, yesterday lunch time I was fuming, but the wife told me not to say anything, but I read more of this, this morning and well.....

The poll did not even last 24 hours and It was on a Sunday!! how many people post on a Sunday? So the "Mods" think this is OK? who made the decision.

Only 47 people voted on Sally's new poll so it was not 65!

What Has DS become? I feel let down and disappointed, I really thought this was a fair, site, but now I don't feel this way at all.

I like Mr O don't give a s**t, either way, but just make it fair, for god sake, this has been done very, I'm whats the word?

Also who do you complain to? is there some one who is not a Mod, who is impartial? no thought not, it stinks!!!!!

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 10 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poll just reaffirmed the long standing position, it hardly needed to run for long to get that view confirmed.

I don't agree with the result myself, but for flips sake on a scale of importance this hardly registers with me at all.

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 10 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pricey wrote:
Only 47 people voted on Sally's new poll so it was not 65!

It would need at least 65 people to vote to change the decision.

As the original poll ( https://forum.downsizer.net/about26420.html ) had been running since 2007 and 70% didn't want moving avatars I, personally, didn't think there was much need for a new poll anyway.

I, like many, don't really mind either way but as I understand some people really don't like them I'm happy to no have moving avatars.

toggle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 10 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr O wrote:
toggle wrote:

All irrelevant.

why?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive