Recipes            
Latest Articles
Another slow day in west Wales
Page Previous  1, 2

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 10 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bibbster wrote:
"Sold my second solo kayak this week"

You don't have any more solo kayaks to sell do you? I am looking for one (if I can pluck up the courage to go out on my own!) as the rowing is a bit slow at present , meant to catch up with you at the Smallholders show but missed you and WVG.

Dont have any more to sell as am keeping my remaining one, and will be buying tandem kayak tomorrow (Ocean Malbu 2 tandem).

Always best to try before you buy so you can find one that suits you and your intended pupose for it. You can have a go in my Ocean Prowler 13, as that is still one of the the best all round fishing kayaks around, and also try the tandem kayak. I keep an eye out on ebay and a number of local kayak forum sites for decent second hand kayaks, so if you try a few out and then decide what type suits you I can keep an eye out for one second hand. Happy to give you any advice you need on choice of kayak for fishing or touring, and to go through the self rescue stuff in some safe location. I found it takes a bit of courage to go out solo on the sea but its also very rewarding (bit like solo climbing!) if you manage the risks carefully.

Moniar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 10 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moniar wrote:
Cathryn wrote:
Yep, that looks like we are here and not doing anything.

Sorted then - weather permitting. We can decide either Saturday or Sunday nearer the time, depending on weather, wind and tide etc.

Cathryn

Ummm weather looks ok for Saturday but the wind is a bit too strong for fishing - could come up in the morning and have a couple of hours fun over high water on the beach as its an onshore wind so may be some surf to play in on the kayaks. We have to be somewhere early evening so a late morning to mid pm time period would suit us on Saturday. Or we can leave it until a fortnights time and hope that the wind will be lower? PM me to let us know whether you want to give Saturday a go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive