Dog tags

Author 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 11 12:02 pm    Post subject: Dog tags Reply with quote

What should on it?

Mobile number and..........

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 11 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the dog's name. Your surname possibly. Something to say that the dog's been chipped if it has.

Jenna

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 11 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The law requires your surname and your home address (number/name and postcode is usually acceptable). Anything else is up to you. We have name, addy, mobile number, 'scan me' on ours.

chicken feed

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 11 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on our we have post code and house no surname mobile no they also have the micro chip tags attached.

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 11 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The law states: "every dog while in a highway or in a place of public resort shall wear a collar with the name and address of the owner inscribed on the collar or on a plate or badge attached to it"

So we have a visible tag with a mobile number on it and a id tube with our name and address on it. That way we think we meet the legal requirements without allowing anyone who meets our dog to get our full details.

Katieowl

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 11 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We opted for "Katieowl Family" to show that it was a much loved family pet (My dogs are staffies) and then the Post Code, and our home phone number. There are only half a doz houses with our post code.

Kate

AnneL

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 11 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have our Surname Family Pet, address, postcode and home phone number. On the reverse it has Mobile numbers and it also says 'I have been microchipped '.

There are a few tales of bitches being stolen for breeding and we have a gorgeous Springer Spaniel who will go to anyone who makes a fuss of her.
So we have added 'I have been spayed' to her tag.

As an aside we find that the tags get worn through by the 'D' clip so have to keep replacing them. Do other people have the same problem?

unlacedgecko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 11 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jus had my post code name and mobile number on mine. Also had dog micro chipped. However, none of that stopped my dog being stolen out of my back garden. Does anyone know the UK stance on freeze branding of dogs? I know it is popular in America, especially with hounds.

Cheers

Ug

Welshy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 11 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Dog tags Reply with quote

cir3ngirl wrote:
What should on it?

Mobile number and..........

I put my mobile number, house number, post code and the word microchipped on all my dogs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive