Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Hints & tips and ideas?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Author 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 11 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katieowl wrote:
Buy them all the same colour so if you ladder one leg you can cut it off and wear with another 'single' leg to make a pair.

I've done this was sick of having to throw decent tights bar one tiny ladder or hole - just remember to cut the correct leg off or you could end up with two pairs of useless one legged tights

Katieowl wrote:
Wear ladies thick tights under your work trousers to keep warm. Builders do this... but don't always confess. They just hope they don't get run over on the way home

Motorbikers wear them too under their trouser for the same reason - keeping warm - one lad, my OH knew, who worked at the same company as he did when they were yoofs took it a bit too far. He took to wearing fishnet stockings and suspenders, it all came to light when the lad got knocked off his bike and needed medical attention - - I shouldn't laugh

faerienono

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 11 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socks make great dusters, just slip them over your hand.

Tights/stockings can be used when making felted soaps/felted pebbles/felt baubles.

I only ever wear the thick tights, like leggings, they seem to last longer, or sheer stckings/holdups, if you ladder one you can replace it.

Bulgarianlily

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 11 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running out of old socks here, I cut them into spirals for tieing up tomatos, and make the colourful ones into sock toys.

gz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 11 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.G wrote:
He took to wearing fishnet stockings and suspenders, it all came to light when the lad got knocked off his bike and needed medical attention - - I shouldn't laugh

Reminds me of the one who was into women's clothing...and wore a lacy thong under his lycra racing shorts....

which was ok until he came off his bike on a wooden velodrome and had to have splinters removed from his rear....the first aider had a job keeping giggles suppressed enough to keep her hands steady

Bodger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 11 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marigold wrote:
I save money by not buying tights - horrid uncomfortable things.

Ignore fashion and don't be vain - buy the plainest simplest clothes you can find and wear them until they are rags.

Bath/shower once or twice a week and strip wash on the other days.

Use half or less of whatever the packaging tells you is appropriate for cleaning products (personal and household).

Walk instead of driving if the distance is less than 2-3 miles.

Eat everything you buy - if you are fat, buy less, eat less.

As an added bonus, people in the street will also come up to you and give you money for a cup of tea.

Aeolienne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 11 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mochyn wrote:
I was sorting through underwear the other day and wondered what to do with old socks/tights etc and now I know!

More suggestions here.

mochyn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 11 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed a bottle brush to get into the corners of bottles, which none of the brushes I had would do.

So I used strips of t-shirt left from making a mat, about 7" long, 3 or 4 of them, and tied them to the end of a chop stick.

Works really well!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive