About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
writing a book
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Author 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 13 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a great idea.... Type of book I might have bought back when they were all little and couldn't swim!

Went

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 13 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do it - write a book - that is the hardest part, commitment to finish it. The rest will come when you have a completed manuscript/print out.

Selkie

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 13 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for not replying I've been applying for a job - heavens knows how many times I have re-written my CV or the covering letter. It will likely still go to someone in performance swimming or who has coached at a successful club.

Anyway I was thinking of submitting an article about teaching swimming as practice for the book. Has anybody got any particular problems or issues with their or a child's swimming - anything? I've taught adult & child classes, complete beginners of all ages, improvers, stroke/competitive development.
I'm happy to give advice.

Went

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 13 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to help build confidence in the water
Safety aids for children
Dangers of swimming in open waters.

I am sure others will come up with more - An article would be great.

arvo

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 13 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkie wrote:
Sorry for not replying I've been applying for a job - heavens knows how many times I have re-written my CV or the covering letter. It will likely still go to someone in performance swimming or who has coached at a successful club.

Anyway I was thinking of submitting an article about teaching swimming as practice for the book. Has anybody got any particular problems or issues with their or a child's swimming - anything? I've taught adult & child classes, complete beginners of all ages, improvers, stroke/competitive development.
I'm happy to give advice.

Definitely submit an article on here, it'll give you a chance to see what your writing looks like on the page and see what style you have. It sounds like you have *loads* of expertise and a different take on what to write. Don't worry about what everyone else has written. A mate of mine says 'only you have got your voice, only you can tell your story'.

FWIW it sounds like we'd buy it already (one very active 5yo Leo and one 4yo Nenna to teach to swim).

Good luck

Pilsbury

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 13 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defiantly interested here, we have a 2yo boy who we took swimming a couple of times in his first year but he dint really like it, we are going away this year so we have been taking him every week and in 6 weeks have gone from big floating ring seats through rings and now he is happy walking and splashing with no buoyancy but we need to get him to take the step from slashing and playing in depth or holding on the side to actually swimming....
That might be a bit specific actually but I think an article would he great lol.

jamanda
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 13 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please Selkie! That would be very well recieved.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive