Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
2012 diesel consuption and 2013 aims
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Author 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 13 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilsbury wrote:
B, anything smaller would not be able to carry all we need for our shows and exhibitions along with the baby stuff.

Trailer?

Treacodactyl wrote:
Official MPG isn't much of a guide. My diesel car should officially do about 70mpg but realistically it does about 55mpg when half loaded, not much better than Pilsbury's Focus.

I never properly measured my fuel consumption, but I did once do Bangor to London and back in my old Peugeot 205 with 1/4 tonne of tools in it on less than a tank.
I reckon that's pretty good for a 20 year old car...

stumbling goat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 13 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reducing fuel used depends on a number of things. If you have done all you can as far as the vehicle is concerned, then you need to look at other aspects of the drive and use.

What is your driving style like? Are you, or do you tend to be heavy on the brakes? Heavy on the accelerator? A smoother driving style is more fuel efficient.

But hey, everyone's an expert, especially at driving, aren't they?

I do a lot of miles and my average MPG was high 40's to low 50's. As a test I decided that I would see how I could reduce that. One month I set myself certain parameters within which to drive. The next month I changed the limitations slightly. My best average achieved was 67.7. I am not quite so frugal now but I am still getting high 50's low 60's, depends on the route and conditions. So I know that it can work.

Good luck.

sg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive