Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Into the big wide world
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 13 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always have a landline that diverts to a mobile. The stability of a home number, the flexibility of a mobile.

alison
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 13 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realise that I quite like mobiles on workmen. I would prefer to rig someone, and get them straight away, rather than a teen, who has been woken up, and who doesn't pass the message on later, on the home line. I would always ring the mobile number first if 2 numbers are given.

Boarstall Girl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 13 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I am looking for a tradesman, and see an ad like that, I tend to go and look them up on the net, for reassurance that they are not a mad axe murderer or something. I know from experience that many of my customers have had a browse of my site.
I have a friend who is an electrician and he is always too busy to have a look at my electrics (that or a glance at the bits of wire that are showing have given him a hint of what is hidden) and he is used to working on wires that have insulation....
Good luck and I am sure you will be turning away work soon!

12Bore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 13 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advert looks good, best of luck!

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 13 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other point about mobiles is that (I think) they are still expensive to call from a landline, or very expensive to call from the "wrong" mobile.

Nick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 13 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a regular BT line mobiles are 12p a minute, rather than 9p for a landline. The expense is a lot less than it used to be.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 13 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I am old fashioned, but I still prefer a landline number. Up to you which you put in of course. Next thing you need to do is make sure that whichever you have will take a message when someone calls you in the middle of the night after a busy day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive