Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
How much do you spend on meat per week?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping

How much do you spend on meat per week?
Less than £5
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
£5 - £10
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
£10 - £15
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
£15 - £20
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
£20 plus
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 14 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should change the Poll to how much you spend per head?
We are a family of four adults who eat meat pretty much every day and average around £25 per week including Bacon, Sausages and a Sunday Roast pretty much every week.

Rob R

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 14 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH the poll has little meaning due to the numerous variables, I thought about making it more accurate but the more I thought about it, the more meaningless it became. I suspected, however, like me, most people would overestimate it & be pleasantly surprised when they did work it out.

wellington womble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 14 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots, and I don't care. I like the good stuff, and my husband likes to eat meat everyday. I barely drink or take holidays, so it's an indulgence were comfortable with. It is hard to gauge though - i spend about £50 a month at the farmers market, and the same for beef at the farm shop down the lane, add in bacon from an evil supermarket most weeks and ginormous lumps of mince for batch cooks every few moths and it's probably nearer £30 for three of us. We do eat more high quality cuts than we used to, because of time restrictions, so that has increased the bill a bit.

jamanda
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 14 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We reckoned it was about £15 a week. Some times more, some times less. That's between three. (BW is a teenager, but not at the peak of his eating powers yet)

Rob R

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 14 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wellington womble wrote:
Lots, and I don't care. I like the good stuff, and my husband likes to eat meat everyday. I barely drink or take holidays, so it's an indulgence were comfortable with.

Me too, food is my indulgence. We sometimes buy a bottle of beer each, £2, so we'd only have to do that 4 nights a week & blow our entire meat budget, plus a bit more!

ETA - not that it is an indulgnce, really, the money goes back to be reinvested in the future of food production, it's entirely justified and necessary - it's actually more of an indulgnce to buy cheap, crap food that does damage the environment, health and people's lives.

oldish chris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 14 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wellington womble wrote:
Lots, and I don't care. I like the good stuff, and my husband likes to eat meat everyday. I barely drink or take holidays, so it's an indulgence were comfortable with. It is hard to gauge though - i spend about £50 a month at the farmers market, and the same for beef at the farm shop down the lane, add in bacon from an evil supermarket most weeks and ginormous lumps of mince for batch cooks every few moths and it's probably nearer £30 for three of us. We do eat more high quality cuts than we used to, because of time restrictions, so that has increased the bill a bit.
I have a theory that a person's "Carbon Footprint" is roughly proportional to the amount they earn. Hence, spending money on meat rather than a holiday is a carbon neutral (ish) decision. Similarly, its no use being saintly in the Vegetarian:Omnivore debate if you pop off to the Seychelles for your holiday.

Nick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 14 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but the added sunshine will overcome the vegetarians natural miserableness.

And keeps them out of the way for a fortnight.

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 14 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive