Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
business cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 14 8:51 am    Post subject: business cards Reply with quote

Need to do some.

John did some on vista print. They are fine, but took ages coming.

Id like to put the Spotty Dog logo on mine, but am unsure how to import it in etc.

Also there are so many companies around - Moo, vista print, not including local firms etc.

Experiences? Prices? Im looking for no more than 500.

MornieG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 14 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We both use Vista Print and they arrive in a week at the most. Maybe you were unlucky or it was a particularly busy time. Doing events we get through so may cards taken by all and sundry, not to mention the kids who go around and see who can collect the most cards......we have to be practical on the financial front.

I used Moo when I first started and didn't get through so many cards, nicer quality but more expensive. I liked the option of having lots of different photos on the cards rather than 1000 all the same. I had thought about just getting some Moo ones to put in the bag when customers have bought from you to remind them where it came from. I have also used Moo's mini cards as thank you labels and price tags.

Mo.XX

Lorrainelovesplants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 14 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how many cards do you order at a time?
Like you, I think its nice to pop a card in whenever I deliver/sell cider.

bearing in mind Im aiming to produce 2000L this coming season.

Spruengli

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 14 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Soloprint - first time fine, second time I chose recycled paper and they didn't advise that the maroon colour in the logo would come out brown! (They don't normally do proofs...). When I queried it they told me 'that paper always changes the colours' (so why not make that clear?) and when pressed, suggested they could give me a small discount from my next order. That won't be happening...

MornieG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 14 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorrainelovesplants wrote:
So, how many cards do you order at a time?
Like you, I think its nice to pop a card in whenever I deliver/sell cider.

bearing in mind Im aiming to produce 2000L this coming season.

Depends on the offers on but I did 500 last time and Pete ordered 1000.

Roughly Vistaprint 500 premium single sided £11.66 plus VAT and postage about £4.50 more if you want to upgrade the finish.

Moo Classic double sided 400 £81.66 inc VAT but I think there is postage on top of that although they did have a free P&P offer a few days ago.

Looking at the economics it's a no brainer for us ATM.

Mo.XX

vegplot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 14 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo are quality. A business card should reflect your business. A cheap card low on quality says a lot to whoever sees it.

MornieG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 14 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegplot wrote:
Moo are quality. A business card should reflect your business. A cheap card low on quality says a lot to whoever sees it.

Agree up to a point Vegplot. I see people having created and printed out their own cards on nothing more than 90gsm copy paper with just basic info and a bad photo, that is really unacceptable for any business. But a nicely thought out, relatively simple classy layout on reasonable card is better than poor graphics on the best card.

Mo.XX

pookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 14 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my mooooo cards, but then I've told you that already

vegplot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 14 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MornieG wrote:
vegplot wrote:

Agree up to a point Vegplot. I see people having created and printed out their own cards on nothing more than 90gsm copy paper with just basic info and a bad photo, that is really unacceptable for any business. But a nicely thought out, relatively simple classy layout on reasonable card is better than poor graphics on the best card.

Mo.XX

Forgive me on re-reading it I may have implied Vista Print were of low quality. I've no idea if they are as I've not seen them.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 14 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't put out cards or brochures any more because people do take them and we don't hear anything back. We find it better to have a supply available, then if anyone is interested, we can give them the information. I asked several people who took brochures if they had any particular interest, and they all said they just took the thing. Never heard back from any of them, so save the paper now. Like the idea of putting a card in with a sale. Might try that.

MornieG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 14 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all Vegplot certainly didn't read it like that and yes I think Moo are better quality than Vistaprint too but I was just making the point to the Lorraine that you don't have to have the best to look good if you choose your graphic carefully.

Mo.XX

vegplot wrote:
MornieG wrote:
vegplot wrote:

Mo.XX

Forgive me on re-reading it I may have implied Vista Print were of low quality. I've no idea if they are as I've not seen them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive