About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Government try to gag experts.
Page Previous  1, 2

Author 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 15 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting article. If the yields are up it makes sense to continue the ban to see if they remain high. One years results are not conclusive, but several years above average are likely to be a very strong indicator that other ways of reducing flea beetle, such as crop rotation might be a lot better.

Tavascarow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 15 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, one years result isn't conclusive.
But I smell a rat because the ban was lifted a week ago, just prior to this being announced?
Bayer, Syngenta, the NFU & Ms Elizabeth Truss saw this coming (or stalled it) & thought they'd better act fast.
As I've said before this has got very little to do with what farmers want & more to do with industry profit.
Screw the environment, as long as there's cheap food on the supermarket shelves people wont really care.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 15 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people do care, like us. There are few petitions going the rounds and altogether a fairly significant part of the population will be seeing them, and hopefully signing them. Lets hope this is one of the subjects on which people power has an effect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> The Apiary All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive