About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
What should I be planting/sowing now?
Page Previous  1, 2

Author 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 19 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my sparrows enjoyed the last planting of onions, there may be the odd survivor out of quite a few

i have about 6 wks light in that spot so i was thinking of mustard to cut as very young leaves over a week or so.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 19 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will use up some more of the packet of mixed colour carrots next year, then when they are gone, will probably go back to orange. For once this year the various coloured chards have worked; usually they fail. Odd how the unusual coloured things don't germinate as well, especially as the original carrots weren't orange.

Dpack, good luck with a short rotation crop. What about radishes?

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 19 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have radish but much as i like them they upset my tum so those are feeding butterfly caterpillars at the mo .

a month to 6 weeks should be enough for mustard to grow to a 4 leaf target for harvest .

Shan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 19 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpack wrote:
my sparrows enjoyed the last planting of onions, there may be the odd survivor out of quite a few

i have about 6 wks light in that spot so i was thinking of mustard to cut as very young leaves over a week or so.

I found 5 sparrows in the greenhouse yesterday.... I really don't want to net it. I picked everything ripe or nearly ripe and I will have to live with whatever else they scavenge. They only seem to begging for the low hanging ones at the moment, so I can live with that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive