Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
climate rebellion etc
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Author 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 19 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i know they are separate groups but there may be crossover.

for instance a loose group protecting a specific bit of a national park etc might get support from a group with different primary objectives but with the required resources for an operation or campaign and visa versa.

the aims and objectives of some groups are incompatible with those of others and therefore they tend to take separate paths

once you look beyond the ""mob" personal connections come into play as well.
for instance we were short of a couple of coachloads of people to make an office visit to enquire of the company's intentions but it so happened that a well staffed group near the premises owed somebody big style for saving a fox mid hunt and then saving their own inept arses from the mad max quorn who were rather unpleasant and very dangeroos.

nice kids but not ready for rural mayhem.

a chief inspector had to be rescued from the hunt supporters as well, that favour translated as chief constable telling the master of the hunt to retire and that sort of behaviour was not acceptable:wink:

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 19 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes bums on tarmac has effect, sometimes it has to be a bit more 7 pillars style, sometimes it has to be small and huge and private, sometimes it needs to be an interview to a chum that goes viral. etc.

whatever it takes:wink:

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 19 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewardship can be a dangeroos job but perhaps it should be done.

how can i enjoy a world if i don't protect the nice bits, mitigate the bad bits and if i can make folk understand why that is sensible?

like it says at the top ethical and sustainable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive