Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Electric Lorry
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Author 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 19 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, recharging is a problem, particularly for long distance lorries and tractors. As far as farm tractors are concerned they can be recharged at the farm buildings where they have power. As far as forestry machinery is concerned that is a problem as most places the tractor/equipment would be stored overnight would have no power, and even solar is tricky in the woods. That and the price would put us off for the foreseeable future, and could scupper everything for us if diesel was no longer available or very expensive. Overall, we come out fossil fuel positive, and probably carbon positive, as our trees and coppice growing must take in a lot of carbon in each year.

gregotyn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 19 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I ask the question? If you have an idea, but-as in my case-you are not an engineer, can you protect the idea to be able to get a royalty of anything that is subsequently produced? Where or how do you protect the idea? This is something for the big car manufacturers to do but it needs to be protected first. Can you protect the principle as well as the production item, all before it goes into production?
My idea a is relatively simple one, but could save a lot of money.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 19 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to protect if with a patent, but that is not a thing I know a lot about. There is probably someone near you who deals with patents and could tell you if it is protectable. Certainly worth pursuing.

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 19 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start here:
https://www.gov.uk/patent-your-invention

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive