About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Good or Bad Idea?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Author 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 20 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I neglected to latch the door properly, and the wind got in and under. It had already survived similar winds. I’m not sure whether to buy another, or save my cash and put it towards a permanent one. I’m not completely sure about the site, yet though.

dpack

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 20 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rose wrote:
I would agree with storm lashing. We managed to keep our heavy duty gazebo in one place while all around were falling apart or taking off, but can't say I liked it very much. Ropes or straps over the top at several places, cross lashings inside and very strong, long spikes. Wood or serrated metal work best as they don't come out of the ground so easily.

Personally I don't like high winds as I find them very tiring, and they can be rather frightening too.

if the ground is not suitable for spikes a decent sized rock or collated rocks makes a good anchor

rebar is a cheap source of metal spikes

as far as internal lashings, they could also serve as support for things that need to climb.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 20 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are not sure about the site, perhaps save your money for now. When you are sure might be the best time to consider a permanent one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive