Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
heat pumps again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Author 
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 22 7:19 am    Post subject: heat pumps again Reply with quote

https://www.pv-magazine.com/2022/11/30/mitsubishi-unveils-air-source-heat-pump

Interesting but not exactly domestic.
I have been thinking more and more that we are basically doomed in England at least as the only solutions to home heating that are viable require radical investment and there's no prospect of any government that will do that
It's not like there are not solutions.
Onshore wind could provide cheap electric.
Free insulation programmes and stringent building regs could start to make places cheap to heat.
Heat pumps could get a serious subsidy where they would work.

But it's all stuff that takes a lot of money that would have to come from those who want to keep that money.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 22 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a useful piece of equipment. One thing that strikes me is that it will work very much below zero C ambient temperature. Having lived with clean rooms that give up below zero C that is a major advantage.

I was in Southampton on Monday and had lunch overlooking their geothermal heating installation. I think it has been there quietly for about 55 years as I remember my father showing it to me when I was a teenager. Another overlooked resource.

dpack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 22 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shared with TT as we are both horrified at the increase in civic energy bills

those may be ideal for new build schools etc

retro fit is possible from a technical perspective so long as the pipes can show

Slim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 22 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive