links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Allotment Pictures
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 06 3:28 pm    Post subject: Allotment Pictures Reply with quote

As we got our first allotment last week, it's really good to see how the other plots on our site have laid their allotment out, which got me to wondering how everyone on here has their plot's laid out.

We've done a rough design on paper as to where everything is going to go that we intend growing this year, and we started digging/weeding/de-stoning three rows at the weekend, about half the length of the plot. We might find that the rows are too small (both width and length), but we figured we should at least clear some space to get stuff in this year...I might have got carried away with the brick border, and Himself thought I was a bit mad pulling all the stones out of one of the rows...was only to avoid the digging for a bit longer

Anyone else have pictures of their allotment to share? Would be excellent to see them, and see how everyone has their's laid out so we could pinch ideas

Here's ours after our weekend's digging (fruit on the left, two little apple trees down the bottom right, planning on an asparagus bed among other things at the far left, and we've got another row to dig to the right of the ones you can see (hidden behind the shed, currently has bean poles on it)):

thos

Location: Jauche, Duchy of Brabant (Bourgogne-ci) and Charolles, Duchy of Burgundy (Bourgogne-ça)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 06 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could pass picture 11 off as your garden, with your house in the background.

Fee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 06 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hee hee, I wish!

You got me confused briefly then, but I guess you went through to the other pics on yahoo through feesworld

Behemoth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 06 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine when I first got it (nearest to the picture). It's now got soft fruit along the near side and 4ft wide beds running across it, with about 1ft inbetween the beds. Add a couple of palleted compost bins on the left end and that's it.

Blue Sky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 06 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's ours. This year's plot after the pig had done his work but before I have even started mine

It will be a pleasure to behold in a few months.

Res

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 06 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have a "before" and "after" shots from my first year on home PC, will have to check when I'm at home in an hour or so.

Good idea Fee

Fee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 06 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behemoth wrote:
It's now got soft fruit along the near side and 4ft wide beds running across it, with about 1ft inbetween the beds.

I think that was our intention, but they ended up about 3ft wide instead somehow (and one of them even narrower, was a bonus row though really), the distance in-between the rows is a couple of inches wider than the width of the barrow

Res

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 06 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fee wrote:
I guess you went through to the other pics on yahoo through feesworld

Was that a liquid lunch by any chance??

Mrs Fiddlesticks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 06 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My plot piccies are on our website. I need to take some more up to date ones, but you'll get the idea.

Fee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 06 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiddlesticks Julie wrote:
My plot piccies are on our website. I need to take some more up to date ones, but you'll get the idea.

Cool, what's ur web address?

ele

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 06 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiddlestick Julie's allotment stuff is part of her (rather nice ) homepage, (linked from her www button)

Fee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 06 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ele wrote:
Fiddlestick Julie's allotment stuff is part of her (rather nice ) homepage, (linked from her www button)

Cheers, ele

I think we might have to keep a diary of our allotment, seems like an excellent idea to me

Mrs Fiddlesticks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 06 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ele wrote:

thanx!

Res

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 06 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had hells job trying to find the first picture of the allotment plot before we started, but here it is at last.

Fee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 06 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow

Had it not been for the building in the background, I'd have thought it was taken from a sneaky angle, it looks great

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive