Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
earthyvirgo

|Can anyone telll me anything about this London gallery?

Received an email today from The Brick Lane Gallery in Shoreditch inviting me to exhibit with them (for a fee but NO commission). It was a personal email ...well, maybe semi-personal, not a mass mail out to a zillion artists.

I will reply if only to find out how much the fee is but can anyone tell me anything about this area? Am I going to fall off my chair at the cost I wonder? Smile

EV
Pilsbury

I would be happy to have a nosy round for you if you can wait a week or so, im working until the next weekend lol.
Others may be able to shed more light on them before then.
This seems to be their website and it looks posh to me http://www.thebricklanegallery.com
Brick lane is also famous for curry houses so there should be a good meal around.
earthyvirgo

I would be happy to have a nosy round for you if you can wait a week or so, im working until the next weekend lol.
Others may be able to shed more light on them before then.
This seems to be their website and it looks posh to me http://www.thebricklanegallery.com
Brick lane is also famous for curry houses so there should be a good meal around.

I knew it was famous for something Smile

Hmmm, they don't mention any hire prices - that makes me nervous.
looks a week bit arty-farty doesn't it?

If you happen to have time - thanks, that'd be great but don't go out of your way.
Pilsbury

No problem, i will see what i can do.
tahir

It's v trendy and v arty round there; Shoreditch, Hoxton, Spitalfields etc. I guess quite a lot of art changes hands in the area. No idea about this gallery though
sean

I'll ask my sister.
Hairyloon

Don't get too distracted by the curry houses. Wink
robkb

Shoreditch - enormobeards, skinny jeans and 15 burgers. Raise your prices Wink dpack

spose it has changed a bit since the days of us tormenting nazis selling papers and butchers losing goats towards the city at great speed gz

but do go for the fresh bagels Cool
onemanband

but do go for the fresh bagels Cool

Mmmmmm
Smoked salmon and cream cheese
or chopped herring Cool
VM

Shoreditch - enormobeards, skinny jeans and 15 burgers. Raise your prices Wink

Yes and I expect the bagels and curries have gone up in price as well.
VM

spose it has changed a bit since the days of us tormenting nazis selling papers and butchers losing goats towards the city at great speed

Think the nazis have moved out to the suburbs. Smile
tahir

Deffo no room for nazis down there now, unfortunately not a lot of the Jewish East end left either, even whitechapel library is gone gz

Deffo no room for nazis down there now, unfortunately not a lot of the Jewish East end left either, even whitechapel library is gone
Shocked
took my art file there in 1970 for selection of some sort...marvellous building Confused
tahir

Buildings still there, part of the gallery now, got a posh restaurant and everything gz

Relief! Good use of the building Cool
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home