Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Barefoot Andrew

*sigh*

The HMRC telephone menu system. An abomination.
A.
Went

Re: *sigh*

The HMRC telephone menu system. An abomination.
A.

it's an aptitude test for the common man....the rest have accountants.
Barefoot Andrew

Laughing
A.
gz

and THEN you have to wait......and wait.......and wait...... Confused

Sometimes the only way to get through is to go to the local ( nearly 10 miles) 3 days a week open tax office and phone from there.
1. free (apart from travel and time)
2. a direct line that gets answered
wildfoodie

the website isn't much better.... but at least on a website you don't hold out any hope of talking to a real live human being..
Barefoot Andrew

but at least on a website you don't hold out any hope of talking to a real live human being..

Laughing
A.
Green Rosie

You should try the delights of the EDF automated system ... and it's in French Shocked robkb

You should try the delights of the EDF automated system ... and it's in French Shocked

Well, you *are* in France... Wink

(mind you, the English version's pants too...)
lettucewoman

It cost us 7 quid the other day, hanging on and navigating their appalling system....bet bt love them!!!! Rich.h

Anytime you come up against any 0845 etc number goto http://www.saynoto0870.com/ there you can find landline numbers that you can call at either national/local rate or free with minute allowances.

Be warned with most governmental services though that they generally only allow overseas incoming calls to these numbers as they are in place to let someone out of the uk skip the queue system (even though it's probably cheaper to ring a uk landline from timbuktu than to ring an 0845 from within the uk).

Normally I just used 141 or call id witholding so that my number only shows as private then tell them that I live within the uk but am out of the country on business at this time, otherwise you get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again, plus they put a note on your file incase you get caught using the number again.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home