Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
klaudio

A new way of generating electricity without polluting

Hi,
My name is Claudio Bianco. I am an inventor, and have just completed my last work called "Continual Wind-Up", with which I take advantage of water oscillations to wind up a cord, and thus generate electricity.
I believe to have opened a new research field for renewable energy, but since I am the father of this invention, my opinion does not matter.
I chose to use internet to make the invention known and I would appreciate your opinion.I would therefore like to invite you to discover a
new way of generating electricity without polluting on www.cuerdacontinua.com
klaudio

www.cuerdacontinua.com/hydrospiral
jag_clarke

what sort of power is avalible from the currents of water in that cycle to produce electricity? that sort of cost will that major structure cost? what happens when wind is offshore wind? what kind of speed wheel your system generate ie how much gearing is reqired? how will you deal with varying sea levels? how will you stop it silting up or clogging up with seaweed and such like? what materials do you plan to use to construct such a system?

John
James

I've not yet viewed the videos (access is denied at work...), but this sounds interesting.

As far as I can tell, you're concept could be utilised for any irregular vertical movement, not just tidal/ wave. My immediate thought was that urban wind power is flawed by its irregular velocity. This system may help insofar as you could greatly optimise the motor for a narrow RPM. However the more complex the system is, the more energy is lost, so this may limit its use in small scale wind generation. Not sure if the optimisation gained in the motor would outweigh the energy loss via a more complex systemů.
dpack

build a prototype ,
klaudio

After 3 years I finally managed to finish the second part of the "Continual Wind-up"
proyect, where i go further in the subjet of electric generators driven by moving fluide and kinetic generators in space.

www.cuerdacontinua.com/continuacion
RichardW

3 posts here in 3 years you must have been busy lol.

Normally at this point I would point out all the problems & that the poster was seeking "investors" & asking why they are basically giving away the rights to the idea by publicising it instead of making money.

But this time I wont.

I dont know why I wont but I wont.

I thought that rip tides moved up & down and along the beach & came & went with the tide. So I am not sure how you could always be in the right place at the right time.

Oops I guess I did Surprised Surprised

PS Why post here & not on directly related green power forums?

Demographics of posters?

or

Knowledge base?
vegplot

Isn't it rather mechanically complicated compared to say the 'duck' and similar devices which has fewer moving parts and less likely to fail under arduous conditions found at sea?
SheepShed

vegplot wrote:
Isn't it rather mechanically complicated compared to say the 'duck' and similar devices which has fewer moving parts and less likely to fail under arduous conditions found at sea?

I don't think you've quite grasped the point of Klaudio's inventions. They're nothing less than perpetual motion.

Look at "05. Perpetual Mobile Driven by Water Pumping"
You pump water through a generator up a tower, generating electricity in the process, then let the water flow down again, generating even more electricity, ending up with more electricity than was needed to pump it up in the first place. Simples.

And from there its just a simple step to anti-gravity, inter-stellar transport and time travel.

Scoff ye not !
vegplot

I have to admit at not reading through all the bumpff. Ah jolly good, the second law of thermodynamics needs re-writing - it was getting a bit tatty around the edges. Perhaps Mochyn and Sally-in-Wales can help knit a new one.
Chez

vegplot wrote:

Ducks have quite a few moving parts, I think you will find. Cool
Marts

Before you get completely shot down Klaudio I have to say it looks like a potentially interesting power generation idea.

If I could make a suggestion though it would be that you concentrate on the tidal generator and forget about the white elephant of perpetual motion that you think you have discovered. Countless otherwise uniquely creative people have been sidetracked by it throughout history and all it ends up doing is detracting from ideas that may well have had great potential. It is a dream plain and simple, and one that will only lead to any good ideas that you have for a renewable power source being discarded because of your "perpetual motion" fantasies.

As you yourself say on your website:

"Either I am wrong or I am not taking something into account in the formulas."

Concentrate on developing your project in and of itself. Develop an interesting way to convert vertical oscillations into electricity. It could become a reality. Perpetual motion is just smoke and mirrors.
cab

I can't read that site. Its got so much animated bumf its just too slow.

Is there a text version?
mochyn

vegplot wrote:
I have to admit at not reading through all the bumpff. Ah jolly good, the second law of thermodynamics needs re-writing - it was getting a bit tatty around the edges. Perhaps Mochyn and Sally-in-Wales can help knit a new one.

yes, but what colour should it be?
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home