Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
earthyvirgo

Any ideas for presentation/display?

I'm starting to get my gift tags packed up in their bags and while I'm waiting for the sticky labels to arrive from MOO, I'm mulling over how to present the tags for sale in the RCA shop.

I've got a spare card display rack that I could use but I think it might be a bit hard and they might just disappear.

This is part of the shop layout ...

Any ideas would be much appreciated - I'd quite like something a bit quirky, as long as they're nicely presented, don't get bent and are visible amongst all the other things in the shop.

ETA, I've used a string and peg system for the Art Trail last year and that worked really well but the RCA shop isn't manned, so unfortunately, that's not really practical.

EV
sean

The card rack thing looks dreadful IMHO. Can you get them in a basket/bowl somewhere visible? By the till/visitors book?
alison

washing line with mini pegs?
alice

Mount a cork/pinboard in a striking picture frame. Pin or hook the packs inside the frame. Hang or stand up.
Went

Hung from a branch of bleached driftwood secured in a polished wooden block?
earthyvirgo

The card rack thing looks dreadful IMHO. Can you get them in a basket/bowl somewhere visible? By the till/visitors book?

Thanks Sean! Smile
I know what you mean tho', about the rack.

Thought of a basket/nice bowl but they need to be 'in' the shop. The gallery layout is a bit strange - the till is actually at the reception desk and wouldn't be suitable. I think if they were in a basket in the shop, they'd get mangled pretty quickly by people looking through for specific colours, designs etc

EV
earthyvirgo

washing line with mini pegs?

Would be my ideal but only if someone was manning the shop all the time cos someone would be bound to yank the whole thing down!

EV
earthyvirgo

Mount a cork/pinboard in a striking picture frame. Pin or hook the packs inside the frame. Hang or stand up.

Could work, I was hoping to have quite a lot of bags, so might have to think of the scale of it.

The shop is so pushed for space, something wall mounted might be appreciated by the staff.

EV
earthyvirgo

Hung from a branch of bleached driftwood secured in a polished wooden block?

Mmm, wonder if I could adapt that to a wall mounted fixing.

EV
Pilsbury

At a push look for a euroslot spinner on ebay. You can either buy a slot punch to cut the bags or self adhesive tabs so they will go on the spinner, it will be just like the card one but much much neater and you could probably get a dozen types into a 18" footprint.... Katieowl

Could you buy/make a wire rack like one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=wire+photo+holder

Not a heart shape, but something a bit sort of organic, big leaf or a tree.... and you could tuck the little packets in, so all the designs are displayed and customer just pops out the one they want...

Kate
earthmamma

I would say something tree like, this could be mounted on a wall and you could have as many branches as you like. Smile earthyvirgo

In the end - mainly because of limited space in the gallery shop - I adapted a couple of IKEA wall shelves. vegplot cut glass fronts for them and they went up in the shop last Friday ... not in the best of positions but it was difficult to find a good, well-lit spot.

Called in today to a farewell do for a member of the gallery staff and was told they sold the first couple of packs on Saturday.

EV
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home