Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Old-Chads-Orchard

Any quickbook users here?

Need to know how to create a VAT only invoice, my registration has come through but I have sent a few out since the date of registration so need to raise a couple of vat only invoices for clients to pay.

Ta
Shan

Credit and re-invoice as a normal invoice which includes VAT. Send this coupled with a statement indicating the VAT portion, which is outstanding.
Old-Chads-Orchard

Embarassed how do you do that? credit part I mean, mucho confused with QB at the mo
vegplot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKR9xwaGe8o

QuickBooks and VAT still bring me out in a cold sweat after it incorrectly calculated VAT for 3 years.
Rob R

Press F1 in Quickbooks & use the search for a step by step guide to any problem - might help if you write/print them out for some of the problems
Barefoot Andrew

I'm a QB user and VAT registered. If you've not worked it all out, I'll lend a hand during the course of the weekend.
A.
Shan

I use Microsoft accounting (don't bother trying it - it's shite) but I used to use QB - I stopped when they decided that their new version (this is going back a few years now) was not going to support multi-currency functions. Anyway... QB should have a function and it will probably be under a customer title saying create a credit note. Do the credit note and then re-invoice reflecting the VAT.

Make certain that you have done the customer payment on the system and then draw a statement. This should then reflect the unpaid VAT balance.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home