Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption
 


       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Barefoot Andrew

Barefoot forage

I'm looking forward to going out on my first ever forage soon! I'm a complete beginner in such things - you could say I'm green at it (but that would be a tedious gag) - so I shall be reading all the bits and pieces here by Cab et al, and I also have the Richard Mabey Food for Free book.
A.
cab

Re: Barefoot forage

Good luck Smile
woodsprite

Wear some shoes Barefoot!!! Foraging can be a bit prickly Laughing Laughing
Good luck
Behemoth

Sensible boots, robust clothing and a friendly stick. Have fun.
Mrs Fiddlesticks

Behemoth wrote:
Sensible boots, robust clothing and a friendly stick. Have fun.


and a downsizer bag for the spoils surely Smile
jp

And a few quid to go to the pub afterwards...?
Barefoot Andrew

Hmm, I'm rubbish at foraging.

Had a nice walk yesterday afternoon, but I was too busy soaking up the whole shebang - the sound of the birdsong, smell of the sweet air, lovely countryside, the feel of the sun on my face and the path underfoot - in other words, not concentrating on the looking at and looking for of plants at all. Oh well... maybe next time.
A.
Barefoot Andrew

And another thing...

If one's "foraging route" is a popular one, one has to forage above the dog wee zone Smile

A.
sean

Higher than that if it's a popular route home from the pub.
Barefoot Andrew

sean wrote:
Higher than that if it's a popular route home from the pub.


I'm charmed Smile
A.
cab

Barefoot Andrew wrote:
Hmm, I'm rubbish at foraging.

Had a nice walk yesterday afternoon, but I was too busy soaking up the whole shebang - the sound of the birdsong, smell of the sweet air, lovely countryside, the feel of the sun on my face and the path underfoot - in other words, not concentrating on the looking at and looking for of plants at all. Oh well... maybe next time.
A.


See, thats the best part of it!

Recently I've come fave to face with a grass snake, a green woodpecker, pheasants poncing about at each other, an iridescent green beetle... Does it MATTER if you bring forage home?
Barefoot Andrew

Just been out for a walk in the sunshine (to get away from infernal machines), and en route partook of some light snacking courtesy of a bramble bush Very Happy
A.
bingo

jp wrote:
And a few quid to go to the pub afterwards...?


Eh, you turned my offer of the pub down after our forage. Confused

I was most disgruntled seeing as I was an alcoholic then. Laughing
skedone

WAS Surprised
bingo

skedone wrote:
WAS Surprised


Well I say was, am, whatever you want to call it.

I don't drink anymore.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home