Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Rob R

Beware Paypal!

If you receive orders via Paypal beware of a fake e-mail telling you that you have received a payment - the address is; service1@paypal.com

And the subject; Notification of payment received

A genuine one has the 'Payment Received' capitalised & the customer's address, rather than a @paypal.com e-mail.
welsh veg grower

oh poo does that mean I dont get the $5,055 I was told I had been sent this morning Wink
Barefoot Andrew

Bah, mine was only $600-odd.
A.
welsh veg grower

Bah, mine was only $600-odd.
A.

Hey i will share it with you if you like
Rob R

You mean you opened them? Shocked
Barefoot Andrew

It's not the email per se that's the threat - it's the links and attachments therein.
A.
Rob R

I know, but I just bin them regardless, just in case the baby presses a random key at the wrong time. I say the baby, I mean me, of course.
Nick

It's not the email per se that's the threat - it's the links and attachments therein.
A.

I thought we now had drive by emails which could cause issues, especially if they included HTML, or images?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46211081/ns/technology_and_science-security/t/drive-by-email-infects-readers-immediately/#.UCumFRx5mSM
welsh veg grower

trouble is I have my e-mails with a window at the bottom of the screen so I can preview them as I scroll down the e-mails. Luath

Thanks Rob Smile Barefoot Andrew

A.

I thought we now had drive by emails which could cause issues, especially if they included HTML, or images?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46211081/ns/technology_and_science-security/t/drive-by-email-infects-readers-immediately/#.UCumFRx5mSM

Hence the 'per se' qualification. I've got security clamped down on my system here, so opening an email is no threat. Not familiar enough with other email systems (e.g. outlook) to say whether such precautions are universally available.

A.
vegplot

If users keep up with system updates they will remain reasonably safe - generally.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home