Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
lettucewoman

Bookings!!!!

Ted and I as Music for Health have just had two homes book us once a month for NEXT YEAR, all the way up to NEXT DECEMBER!!!!!

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Not bad given we only started in May, and have only been doing paid workshops since the middle of June.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thats the ground rent covered then... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
sean

Good oh. Onward and upward. Very Happy
lettucewoman

Thanks Sean! Very Happy We are doing an average of 4-6 workshops a week now, up til this December, and were going to start pushing for next year in September/October,but the homes were eager to book early so they could get the dates they wanted...so we'll be telling the other regulars now! Very Happy Very Happy
Luath

Well done Very Happy
Chez

Good for you.

*wanders away to think of geriatric-customer-based business*
lettucewoman

Good for you.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jamanda

Good for you.

Coddled eggs.
sean

Good for you.

Best if it's not painting restoration.
Chez

Best if it's not painting restoration.

I saw that. I can understand why they're upset.
welsh veg grower

thats fab well done you, well both of you. Its so lovely when what you do is appreciated and paid for Laughing Nicky Colour it green

yay well done Smile Rob R

Good for you.

Laughing Not the only one - I'd feel a lot more confident with meat booked that far in advance! Smile
Nick

Good for you.

Laughing Not the only one - I'd feel a lot more confident with meat booked that far in advance! Smile

It's a service you should be offering!
sean

You could grade the contents of the meat box according to the age of the customer on your standing order plan thingy...
In your twenties and thirties your box will mostly consist of chops and steaks, as you move into middle age we will increase the proportions of shin and the like for long slow cooked tender stews. Finally, as you move into your seventies we will send you a Big Bag 'o' Mince (TM) so that you no longer have to waste energy chewing.
Rob R

Good for you.

I do - you can order as far in advance as you like.
Nick

Good for you.

I do - you can order as far in advance as you like.

Feh, you know that's not the same as you offering it.
Rob R

You'll be pleased to know that we're now printing a paper order form for those non-internet types, and to hell with the trees. Wink Nick

I guess they deserve to eat meat, too. Rob R

The main problem was them ringing up & wanting to pay over the phone, but I'm getting that sorted soon, too. Jamanda

The main problem was them ringing up & wanting to pay over the phone, but I'm getting that sorted soon, too.

There used to be a thing called a cheque. Could be cashed before despatching.
lettucewoman

...and another one....so three a month til Dec 2013..better than a kick up the kyber!! Lorrainelovesplants

I wish you well with this.
Having been visiting mum at a Nursing home for nearly a year now, I can see that the residents have music workshops twice a week, and that these are well attended and do make a difference.
Perhaps mum dosnt get as much from them as they tend to be based on songs during the war period (and mum was living abroad and has no knowledge of this period in the UK).

But I think this, and art workshops are popular.

You could try music with gentle excercise - I'd like mum to do this, but she's a curmugeony old git and wont try - I think this would be a fun way for residents to excercise their hands/feet.
A bit of humour goes a long way....
lettucewoman

Having been visiting mum at a Nursing home for nearly a year now, I can see that the residents have music workshops twice a week, and that these are well attended and do make a difference.
Perhaps mum dosnt get as much from them as they tend to be based on songs during the war period (and mum was living abroad and has no knowledge of this period in the UK).

You could try music with gentle excercise - I'd like mum to do this, but she's a curmugeony old git and wont try - I think this would be a fun way for residents to excercise their hands/feet.

Hi Lorraine...the workshops we do are based on frequencies that improve health and wellbeing,some upbeat, some gentle,plus we do actually include fun ways of getting gentle bilateral movement exercises...using instruments, plates (!), batons etc. The music is very varied too...some wartime stuff, but our founder is very aware that as time goes on the music moves on too...we play 50's and 60's stuff, we also have singalongs and quizzes...the whole programme is about balance.

We are part of a national company so if you pm me which area your mum is in, I could find out if there's a practitioner nearby?

Meg xx
lettucewoman

Hi Lorraine...the workshops we do are based on frequencies that improve health and wellbeing,some upbeat, some gentle,plus we do actually include fun ways of getting gentle bilateral movement exercises...using instruments, plates (!), batons etc. The music is very varied too...some wartime stuff, but our founder is very aware that as time goes on the music moves on too...we play 50's and 60's stuff, we also have singalongs and quizzes...the whole programme is about balance. With lots of humour!!

We are part of a national company so if you pm me which area your mum is in, I could find out if there's a practitioner nearby?

Meg xx
Lorrainelovesplants

They have people who come in and play music for them...but they are in Bodmin, Cornwall.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home