Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Chez

Bristol Zoo?

Anyone been recently? Leo's having a birthday and has more toys than he knows what to do with. We're kicking around the idea of a zoo trip to solve the Present Problem. Debating whether the zoo or Longleat would be better. But I have an irrational fear of the latter since our Vauxhall Cresta broke down in the lions enclosure in 1978 and I haven't been back since.
Ren

You can go on the bus instead of taking your car through the animals, (at least I was told this is the case), at Lonleat of course, not Bristol zoo
Penny Outskirts

Last time I went to Bristol Zoo, it was excellent. Funny, we were thinking of that the other day Smile

The Penguin pool is fantastic! Leo would love it, you get to walk in a tunnel underneath them, and they fly over the top. We could have stayed there all day. They have a strong conservation ethic, and all the pens seem to be very well designed, with the animals, rather than the visitors in mind.
cir3ngirl

I prefer Cotswold Wildlife but might be too far for you
Jamanda

Exmoor zoo near Alison is smaller, but probably enough to keep your two entertained.
Ty Gwyn

That Sand Cat is pretty.
Chez

Is that the thing with the moustaches?

ETA: Bristol is only an hour from us; so it's about the same distance ... and because of their concessions thing, it'll cost us 25. So I think we might give it a go. I just hope he doesn't try to steal a penguin Smile
baldybloke

Last time I went to Bristol Zoo, it was excellent. Funny, we were thinking of that the other day Smile

The Penguin pool is fantastic! Leo would love it, you get to walk in a tunnel underneath them, and they fly over the top. We could have stayed there all day. They have a strong conservation ethic, and all the pens seem to be very well designed, with the animals, rather than the visitors in mind.

Not the same without Johnny Morris. There is probably more to do at Longleat.
Jamanda

That sounds fun! We must take BW up there some time.
Nick

Bristol zoo doesn't have a Dalek.

ETA. Jesus, neither does longleat. What's gone wrong with the world? Eh?
alison

Longleat has postman pat land, and a fabulous play area.

I went in the summer with the school, and we could have been there another 3 - 4 hours, and we arrived when it opened and were the last coach to leave.
leggy

Bit late,but went to Bristol on aug bank holiday ,3 to park my car in their car park round the corner,me,my parents and 5 kids cost was near 100 entry.
The nocturnal zone,we struggled to keep eye on kids and sand cat was hiding and the loris?/eye eye thingy spent over 5 mins scratching its butt. Shocked
Gorilla house shut due to renovations,lion peeing machine broke,
I don't think I will be hurrying back there any time soon. Rolling Eyes
Jamanda

Well the entrance fees and parking sound reasonable. And the noctrurnal zone is meant to be dark. Ty Gwyn

Why do the Lions need a machine to pee? dpack

i believe it is a popular alternative to the coca cola machine
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home