Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
dpack

chantrelles

i was dog walking and smelled apricots
Laughing
i was a bit late on the main clump but got a pound of youngsters Laughing
and some new growth watercress Laughing
my id tip for chantrelle is smell , checking the look is good but the only things looking pretty much like them that smell of dried apricots is them .
now i need to decide what to do with them
cab

Have you considered chanterelle vodka?
dpack

c and watercress sauce (2 portions frozen ) with boiled bacon Laughing
ace shrooms
Zarza

Quote:
Have you considered chanterelle vodka?

How is that?

I've got plenty of chaterelles, I've cooked them in many differents form, I'm bored, I want to do something else.

Explain me, please.
mochyn

While feeding the birds in the fruit cage the other day I glanced down and found a lovely little clump of chanterelles. Yum!
Zarza

Mochyn, don't tell anyone, but I'm a bit fed up of chanterelles.

I want oyster mushrooms or chicken of the woods, never found them crybaby
cab

Zarza wrote:

How is that?

I've got plenty of chaterelles, I've cooked them in many differents form, I'm bored, I want to do something else.

Explain me, please.

Simple enough; put enough chanterelles into a jar to fill it to, say, something near a quarter full, fill it with vodka, cover it and leave till its good and tasty. It requires good vodka, and the flavour is VERY subtle. If you want something less subtle you can also add some spices; a cardamon pod works well.
doctoral

cab wrote:
Zarza wrote:

How is that?

Explain me, please.

Simple enough; put enough chanterelles into a jar to fill it to, say, something near a quarter full, fill it with vodka, cover it and leave till its good and tasty. It requires good vodka, and the flavour is VERY subtle. If you want something less subtle you can also add some spices; a cardamon pod works well.

... and you can always eat the chanterelles in a stew after you have drunk the vodka Embarassed
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home