Chocolate Fridge cake
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 110g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 110g pistachio nuts, chopped
- 150g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 200g good quality plain chocolate
- Break the biscuits into a large bowl.
- Add the nuts and cherries and mix.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water until it's all melted.
- Pour into the bowl with the biscuits and combine.
- Line a plastic container (30x20cm) with clingfilm, leaving plenty hanging over the side.
- Pour in the mixture, packing down well.
- Fold the excess clingfilm over the top and put in the fridge for a few hours.
- Turn out and cut into chunks, returning to the fridge for any storage.
I don't like pecans, so I leave them out and add extra pistachios and cherries.
You could use mini-marshmellows, raisins all sorts of things too.