Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Bodger

Conwy Food Festival.

Its Conwy Food Festival this coming Saturday and Sunday. Its become a firm favourite with us and is well worth going to. Its quite well organised with 'Park and Ride' from several locations.
Barefoot Andrew

This year will be the second I've missed it Shocked Sad
A.
Nell Merionwen

A.

Sorry Sad I have to work Sad
Bodger

A.

Think scrummy Conwy mussels off the quay side and then top them off with all the cheeses, pies, sausages and preserves I'm going to buy. Don't worry, I'll enjoy the event for you. Laughing Did I say that I'd lost 5lb on my latest diet? Embarassed
Barefoot Andrew

Full reports Wink
A.
Bodger

We could have been cheesed off today, because it honestly poured down heavily all the time that we were in Conwy but instead, we stocked up on cheese and one or two other bits and bobs.

We bought from three different small cheese producers.
vegplot

The first time I've enjoyed it. Not too many people around, no queues due to the weather, and we had some excellent company. mochyn

Embarassed Thaks, young man: we had a lovely time too. Way fewer traders than last year, though. earthyvirgo

We bought some very nice cordials from a supplier called Mr Fitzpatricks (not Welsh, but they tasted wonderful).

Blackcurrant and liquorice
Black beer and raisin
Lemon and ginger

... and they weren't mean with the samples which was nice.

EV
Pilsbury

Not to sure I would call the,snowdonia cheese company and lyme bank cheese small producers anymore, I know they tend to sell via franchise so look small but they do seem to be everywhere nowadays.
That said I LOVE the flavour and size packs lyme bank offers so buy a few everytime we si a show.
Bodger

Apparently yesterday was heaving. Bodger

Not to sure I would call the,snowdonia cheese company and lyme bank cheese small producers anymore, I know they tend to sell via franchise so look small but they do seem to be everywhere nowadays.
That said I LOVE the flavour and size packs lyme bank offers so buy a few everytime we si a show.

They probably do make the odd pound or two, but I still look upon them as being small compared with our local cheese factory. South Caernarfon Creamery currently use 12 million litres of milk a year. Six million goes into cheese production and the rest is bottled.
vegplot

They probably do make the odd pound or two, but I still look upon them as being small compared with our local cheese factory. South Caernarfon Creamery currently use 12 million litres of milk a year. Six million goes into cheese production and the rest is bottled.

Didn't SCC get caught out a few years ago re-packing Irish cheddar as Welsh?
Bodger

To be sure they did. They made the telly.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home