Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Cottesbrook Plant Fair

Linky: http://www.cottesbrooke.co.uk/gardeners-fair/experience.html

North of Northampton.
Anyone going?

I am Laughing hopefully the Saturday (tomorrow). I only found it after fumbling round the internet via forest gardens and Edulis nursery Rolling Eyes
NorthernMonkeyGirl

I went, and now have an embarrassment of new plants, all very good prices, but rather a lot of "ooo I wanted one of those"

Surprised Laughing
earthyvirgo

I went, and now have an embarrassment of new plants, all very good prices, but rather a lot of "ooo I wanted one of those"

Surprised Laughing

Did you see Crug Farm Plants?
They're based a stone's throw from here.

EV
NorthernMonkeyGirl

mmmmmmaybeee... I didn't pay too much attention to names as I wandered, but it does look familiar! Embarassed
robkb

Rather a complimentary atricle about them in the Observer recently:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/jun/17/crug-farm-wales-gardening-dan-pearson

Made me wish I'd visited last time I was in the area... Sad
earthyvirgo

Rather a complimentary atricle about them in the Observer recently:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/jun/17/crug-farm-wales-gardening-dan-pearson

Made me wish I'd visited last time I was in the area... Sad

Do go next time you're here, it's really worth a visit - and you're highly likely to meet Sue (loud and vivacious) or Bleddyn (a true plants=person, speaks in Latin most of the time!) because they're very hands on at the nursery ... unless they're off plant hunting, which tends to be mid Autumn.

They used to only sell to people who came to the nursery ... even Prince Charles used to have to send a man Smile. It took us years (vegplot and co. does the website) to persuade Bleddyn he had to go mailorder and it was a bit of a turning point for them.

EV
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Were they definitely at Cottesbrook? I am peering at the banner on their website and though their faces seem familiar, I don't feel like I've seen them recently? And by the sounds of their nursery, I'd have been poking around their stall Cool earthyvirgo

Were they definitely at Cottesbrook? I am peering at the banner on their website and though their faces seem familiar, I don't feel like I've seen them recently? And by the sounds of their nursery, I'd have been poking around their stall Cool

Yup, I'm pretty sure they were Tweeting about going.

EV
robkb

(vegplot and co. does the website)

Go away evil temptress with your talk of an excellent website full of plants I really must have... Wink Laughing
earthyvirgo

Go away evil temptress with your talk of an excellent website full of plants I really must have... Wink Laughing

... wait till you see my smart new stylish website full of linocuts you really, really must have Wink

EV
robkb

... wait till you see my smart new stylish website full of linocuts you really, really must have Wink

EV

Bah. What with recommendations for scythes, art, plants and music Downsizer's worse than Nat West for emptying my bank account... Wink
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home