Curried Lamb Skewers with Yogurt and Mint Dip
- 450g/1lb lean lamb mince
- 10ml/2tsp ground cumin
- 10ml/2tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch caster sugar
- 15ml/1tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 5ml/1tsp ground allspice powder
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 20 woody rosemary stalks, leaves removed or 20 small wooden skewers, soaked
- Mint Jelly and Yoghurt Dip:
- 1 x 200g tub thick Greek yoghurt
- 60ml/4tbsp mint jelly
- Place the mince in a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients except the rosemary and mix well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Wearing disposable gloves mould the mince into ten to twelve 10cm (4 inch) cylindrical sausage shapes around each rosemary stalk or skewer. Cover each end of the rosemary with foil to prevent burning during cooking.
- Cook the skewers under a preheated grill for 12-18 minutes, turning occasionally or until cooked.
- Meanwhile prepare the dip; mix the yoghurt and mint jelly together, transfer to a small bowl and serve with the skewers.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
10-15 minutes plus marinating time