Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
bingo

Dec 3rd foray for Blewits.

I was suprised to find these out this morning. Trumpets (Craterellus Cornucopioides) and Yellow Chanterelle (Cantharellus Ferruginascens) still just holding up, not to mention the Hedgehogs (Hydnum repandum). I even found a great big Beef steak fungus but it was past its best.
BUT STILL NO BLEWITS.
Quite a fruitfull foray though, all the fungi was a bit wet (due to the rain last night).
Although there's worse things going on in the world than going home with wet mushrooms.........

I could have returned with a basket full of sushi. Rolling Eyes

jp

Nice looking haul Bingo Very Happy
dpack

yummy yum
bingo

Yeah, I could have got more, given more time. I was only out for an hour. This is the Trumpet spot I was gonna take you to JP but I thought they were gone after the frosts.....I was wrong.
I would be suprised if they are around for much longer though most are looking tierd now.
jp

No worries Bingo - the place we did go was A1. There is always next year Smile . I hoping to get another saturday morning in before Xmas - the forest I know near Salisbury is worth an exploratory foray - I'll let you know if I can get away from home duties if you would like to join in. Doc, are you interested too?
doctoral

jp wrote:
No worries Bingo - the place we did go was A1. There is always next year Smile . I hoping to get another saturday morning in before Xmas - the forest I know near Salisbury is worth an exploratory foray - I'll let you know if I can get away from home duties if you would like to join in. Doc, are you interested too?

If I can - I seem to have a December full of activities. Do let me know, though - I would like to come along, of course ... Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home