- 3 x 1kg crabs
- a healthy splash of olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and very finely chopped
- 2 fresh red chillies, deseeded and very finely chopped
- 100g fresh ginger, peeled and very finely grated
- 12 spring onions, cleaned, trimmed and chopped
- juice of 2 lemons
- salt and pepper
- half a bunch of washed picked coriander, just disciplined by the merest chopping
- half a bunch flat-leaf parsley, ditto
- Cook and prepare the crabs, erring on the side of under-cooking
- Scoop all the meat out of the shell into a bowl and remove all the legs from the body.
- Cut the body into quarters and partially crack the claws.
- In a pan heat the olive oil and fry the garlic, chilli and ginger for 3 minutes.
- Add the quartered crab bodies, the claws, the spring onion, and then the scooped crab meat and all the legs, and the lemon juice.
- Season and stir continuously and enthusiastically until heated through.
- Just before serving, throw in the coriander and parsley, give one last stir.
Tip into a dish, and eat armed with useful tools to pick out the crab flesh, and many napkins, and for that matter, much white wine.