Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Armchair

Ecobuild 2007

www.ecobuild.co.uk

Looks interesting. Is anyone here attending?
zigs

guess thats a no then Armchair, i would of if it had been nearer to home.
mochyn

There was something like that at the Smallholders' Show last May, don't know if it's the same thing. That was quite interesting.
dougal

Earls Court. Hmmm. Dunno. Maybe.
Mrs Fiddlesticks

I looked at the link you posted - it looks genuinely interesting but mid week! Shocked
wellington womble

I went last year. Heavy on Solar PV and sunpipes if I recall, but most people were willing to explain to an idiot with no idea about building, that has lost the plumber she came with.
Windymiller

Mrs W and I will be at Swindon next week, so we could get along to Earls Court on one of the days. Exhibitor list has some interesting names, for underfloor heating, ground source etc. I'll have to make up a Job Title and Organisation name to complete the registration form though: how about CEO and Windymiller (Turbines) Inc?
dougal

Quote:
Buildings account for about 50% of the UK's annual greenhouse gas emissions.

From an announcement about an announcement to be made at Ecobuild...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6398653.stm
Windymiller

Windymiller wrote:
Mrs W and I will be at Swindon next week, so we could get along to Earls Court on one of the days. Exhibitor list has some interesting names, for underfloor heating, ground source etc.

We didn't get along to Ecobuild, Mrs. W. not well, but we did visit the National Self-build and Renovation Centre, which we had seen featured on TV. Very helpful staff, there are no trade reps on the stands, you scan a barcode to request a brochure, meeting, or other contact. Education area very informative.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home