Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Chez

Energy Crisis? Yes Minister!

Fabulous amount of meaningless waffle from Malcolm Wicks in The Guardian this morning ... I particularly like
Quote:
"No one wants the lights to be going out in 20 years time. I'm not saying they will. They won't. But they won't because of the decisions we will be taking over the rest of the year."

Almost worthy of Jim Hacker.
Barefoot Andrew

Laughing
A.
dpack

yes minister was a civil service training film
Vanessa

Wonderful!! And this is one of the guys in charge of running the country, hey?!!
dpack

i cant be bothered to take over so i deserve what i get
AnneandMike

Plenty of waffle about nuclear, which provides only 4% of our primary energy supply. Deafening silence about the rest other than carbon capture from coal (unproven commercially) and buying more gas from Putin ( who will have a laugh turning it off one winter ) and that is going to start to run out in maybe 15 years anyway. It is like being trapped in a car rushing towards a cliff and the driver is wittering on about the radio not working. Mad Mad Mad
hamster

AnneandMike wrote:
It is like being trapped in a car rushing towards a cliff and the driver is wittering on about the radio not working. Mad Mad Mad

That's a very accurate description of how I feel about it too.
Nick

Quit moaning. You've had air conditioning for the last 200 miles. Almost everyone else has been walking with a broken leg, and they're coming over the cliff with us.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home