Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
marigold

Energy Performance Assessment

My landlord is having one done on my house this morning... Apparently it's a legal requirement to have an Energy Performance Certificate on rented properties from 1st October, which presumably explains why my rent is going up - to pay for the assessment! I wonder if I'll actually be told the results?

Anyway it'll be interesting to find out what the assessor does and asks while she's here.

Has anyone else had one done? Are they worth the paper they are printed on?
mochasidamo

Um, no. The trouble with EPCs is that the software allows for lots of assumptions on construction, amount of insulation, running costs etc without actually having to look at things. And anyone can train to be an assessor, so don't need to know that much about construction, boiler specs etc.

And they need to be done annually I'm pretty sure on rented property - good news for those hungry assessors with the downturn in the housing market.
marigold

I'm pretty sure she said it was once every 10 years for rented property. Every year would be barmy - landlords aren't going to spend money on energy saving improvements very often!
mochasidamo

Sorry, had my Friday head on Embarassed ....10 yearly on social housing/rented housing including tenancy changes. Naturally I was getting mixed up with the commercial certificates which are annual.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home