Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Mary-Jane

Excellent TV series 'Last Tango in Halifax'...

...just ended last night. But you can still catch all 6 episodes on BBC IPlayer. Really worth watching: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01p1q71/Last_Tango_in_Halifax_Episode_1/

Very funny/sad comedy/drama about two widowed pensioners in their 70s who meet again after 50 plus years when their respective grandsons get them on Facebook. Very well written and cast.
Rob R

We've really enjoyed it too, still got the last episode to watch. The only slight criticism I have is the rather 'my first book of Yorkshireness' acting from Derek Jacobi.
Barefoot Andrew

'my first book of Yorkshireness' acting from Derek Jacobi.

Haven't seen it myself, but now I'm tempted just to see this Laughing
A.
earthyvirgo

'my first book of Yorkshireness' acting from Derek Jacobi.

Haven't seen it myself, but now I'm tempted just to see this Laughing
A.

Me too.

I know what Rob R means about regional dialects being a bit strained, some of the Welsh ones over the years have nearly had me weeping.

EV
Mary-Jane

The only slight criticism I have is the rather 'my first book of Yorkshireness' acting from Derek Jacobi.

Laughing Indeed. That and his slighty dodgy syrup (or is it a weave?)
gardening-girl

I have loved the program.Well acted,good cast. johnc

Some episodes have been far better than others, but last nights was a cracker. Looking forward to the next series already pookie

I've loved this too, excellent! Smile Mithril

I spotted this thread just before Christmas and watched all the episodes on YouTube. Really enjoyed it, thanks Smile gythagirl

We thoroughly enjoyed it too - far more than we expected from the trailers! Barefoot Andrew

This is back, next Tuesday - Beeb gubbins.
A.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home