Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Rob R

Farming and Forestry Improvement Scheme (FFIS)

I don't think this has been mentioned before, but it might be worth it to someone who hasn't heard about it. The government are putting more funding into the countryside in the form of these grants, and all you have to do is have a suitable scheme, none of this 'only if you're in a narrow geographical area' support. Uplands do get up to 50% of the cost whereas lowland get up to 40%.

Farming and Forestry Improvement Scheme (FFIS)
Mistress Rose

This could be quite useful, but I notice in our area that we have to go through the local Leader fund. Several of us in forestry have tried this with limited success; only one person to my knowledge has been funded. If you go this route, get advice from them first and make sure they understand the actual requirements for this fund, not what they think it says.

There is also the EWGs wood fuel fund available for those with inaccessible or undermanaged woodland.
Sally Too

I think it applies to England only...
Rob R

Yes, other regions have their own funding arrangements.
Hairyloon

Anyone know what they're doing in Wales now?
Ty Gwyn

Glastir,its more on conservation than producing food,
Kind of encouraging more imports,
Maybe its the stepping stone of turning Wales back to neolithic scrub.
Rob R

Here's the NI link; http://www.dardni.gov.uk/index/rural-development/rdp-campaign/rdp-campaign-development-funding-schemes-and-programmes/rdp-campaign-development-farming.htm
Rob R

Anyone know what they're doing in Wales now?

And here is the Welsh version; http://wales.gov.uk/topics/environmentcountryside/farmingandcountryside/ruraldevelopment/axis1/?lang=en
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home