Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
doctoral

Few mushrooms left ...

I went out today and all I could find were a few stinky old spotted tough shanks - I will be looking for oysters again tomorrow. Has anyone else had a poor deal recently - possibly due to inclement weather

offtheair ... time to hibernate ???
KILLITnGRILLIT

Quite a few Chanterelles here ATM Very Happy
MrsWW

Hi guys and gals

I don't have the knowledge to forage for mushrooms but would love to have a "supplier" of the good stuff.

Anyone on here fancy being my "expert supplier"? I love to cook but wouldn't trust myself to harvest mushrooms in case I killed anyone!

If anyone's interested, please PM me.

Thanks all.

MrsWW
cab

Plenty of blewits, not a lot else right now, but haven't had a good proper forage for a week or so.
dpack

um yum
Zarza

Plenty of chanterelles, shaggy parasols and boletes (not sure which ones some of them).

I'm in a drying fever now.
Blue Sky

We froze ours whole. Got some huge specimens in the deep freeze. Some others (the less pretty ones) we sliced and part dried in the oven before freezing - excellent for winter soup.
Jonnyboy

I seem to be finding a load of maggot ridden boletes. Rotten timing it seems.
Behemoth

Lots of frosted remenants but a nice haul of hedgehog.
KILLITnGRILLIT

Behemoth wrote:
but a nice haul of hedgehog.

I`d have thought they were hibernating by now Confused

Laughing
dpack

im a bit light on boletes so far and my oyster beds are early to crop by previous years timing ,there are a fair few edibles about though
nettie

Spotted some shaggies popping up this morning so will nab 'em in the next day or two.
doctoral

nettie wrote:
Spotted some shaggies popping up this morning so will nab 'em in the next day or two.

Shaggies have just about died off in this part of the world - will have to move to Essex ... Wink
Blue Sky

Common Earth Star .... How pretty

cab

Very pretty!

An old picker once told me that if you get them when really young, before theyr'e open, you can eat them.
doctoral

MrsWW wrote:
Hi guys and gals

I don't have the knowledge to forage for mushrooms but would love to have a "supplier" of the good stuff.

Anyone on here fancy being my "expert supplier"? I love to cook but wouldn't trust myself to harvest mushrooms in case I killed anyone!

If anyone's interested, please PM me.

Thanks all.

MrsWW

Try Bingo if it is commercial ...
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home