- 1kg Apples
- 500g Flour (s/raising or plain, either works fine)
- 250g sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 500g butter
- Peel and thickly slice apples.
- Coat apple in the flour.
- Leave flour to soak into the apples. (it will, honestly)
- Mix sugar+ butter together.
- Add eggs and cinnamon to above
- Pour mix over the apples
- Bake for approx 2 hrs on 140.
This is best done in a roasting tin as there is too much to fit into cake sized tins.
How much flour is absorbed varies on the flour and apple type, it doesn't matter if there is some excess remaining.