Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Hairyloon

Goods Vehicle Operator's License.

I am contemplating getting one. Does anyone have experience?
Are they a big PITA to get, or is it just a game of tick the boxes and pay the fee?
RichardW

Plus have X's in the bank & have either a service contract for the 6 to 12 weekly servicing or be able to show that you are skilled enough & have the equipment to do so in house.

You also need to be able to turn the largest vehicle round within your own property so no reversing in or out.
stumbling goat

Why are you thinking of getting one?

If you download the GV79 O Licence application form and the guidance notes on completing it, that should answer your basic questions.

If you have any other queries come back here or pm me.

sg
Hairyloon

Why are you thinking of getting one?

So I can pull a loaded trailer with my truck... or maybe get a bigger truck... or both.
stumbling goat

Neither of those reasons necessarily require you to be the holder of an O Licence.

But, if you just fancy one, go for it. Very Happy

sg
RichardW

How heavy is the truck & how heavy is the trailer?

You will almost def need a tacho fitting if the combo goes over 3500kg. There are a few exemptions but most limit the mileage from your base to about 50km.
stumbling goat

Without knowing what he is carrying, or would like to carry and why, it is not possible to say if he needs one. He may not even need a tacho, who knows? Getting the information is like pulling teeth, only not so easy or so much fun Laughing

ssg
Hairyloon

How heavy is the truck & how heavy is the trailer?

GVW 3.5T
Gross train 5.5T
Mostly thinking of moving timber.

Getting the information is like pulling teeth, only not so easy or so much fun Laughing
Sorry, I have largely been a bit rushed & without proper internet facilities.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home