Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
JonO

I have no hot water ! Help ?

This may be the wrong section but I was wondering if anybody knew anything about hot water systems as I don't want to pay for a plumber !

I took a radiator off to do some decorating and when I put it back on, the system lost pressure (To refill) the rad and stopped. So I refilled the system and powered it back up and its all ok on the heating front but ever since then I have no hot water, as in when I turn my hot water taps on no water comes out ! I have a Vaillant Eco Tec Plus by the way.

I presume I have air somewhere in the system but I have no idea what to do, does anyone have any suggestions ? Do we have a downsizer plumber online ?

Jon.
Behemoth

Silly question but have you checked the manual? No water could be due to a closed valve that shut when you drained the system and needs to be manually reopened? I'm no plumber.
Solomon

This might sound daft but is the pilot light lit? I had to remove a rad one time, and the boiler apparently automatically turned the pilot light off to prevent damage (or something).
JonO

Got it !

Pilot light was on and the valves where in the same position that I started with. My problem was I have to turn two taps on to fill the rads and I turned them on in the wrong order, I was supposed to open the central heating system one first and then turn on the mains supply one next but I did it the other way round which put air in. I simply had to open all hot taps and then just turn the mains one on and it purged the air.

Problem solved, thanks for the suggestion anyway,

Jon. Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home