Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
catbaffler

I'm exhibiting again!

If anyone's in the Barry area, you might like to drop into Art Central, the gallery at Barry Library, to have a look at the Cardiff Drawing Group Exhibition, "With Reference To...". It coincides with Vale of Glamorgan Book Week and all the works therein are inspired by books.

The well attended private view, yesterday afternoon, was opened by the poet, Phillip Gross, who also read three of his poems.

I have four pieces displayed, inspired by Russel Hoban's Riddley Walker.

Click to see full size image

Here are three of them;

Cathryn

They're great! (And they must be hours of absorbing work.)
Went

Great work - I hope it goes well. Smile
T.G

Lovely, I like the ruin.
earthyvirgo

Are they pencil or ink drawings Catbaffler?
You must have the patience of a saint to do beautiful detailed work like that.

EV
Green Rosie

Excellent work

(Although slightly worrying as this post is currently directly below the one about some Royal's boobies being photographed so I was a tad concerned as to what sort of exhibiting you had in mind Shocked Laughing )
AnnaD

Your work is brilliant! Do you use Rotring pens for them?
sean

They're wonderful.
catbaffler

Excellent work

(Although slightly worrying as this post is currently directly below the one about some Royal's boobies being photographed so I was a tad concerned as to what sort of exhibiting you had in mind Shocked Laughing )

That sort of exhibition would have been a huge disappointment! Laughing

I work with a dip pen and a very fine nib - usually a mapping pen or a crow-quill.

I still have quite a few left from a load I acquired in 1976 when the Ordnance Survey office in Weston Super-Mare closed and my then boyfriend, who worked there, rescued them before they were thrown out. I like the flexibility of the nibs, which you don't get with a technical drawing pen, although I did use those until the OS unwittingly did me such a huge favour!

Average time spent on a drawing is around 20 - 30 hours, though not in one go, I hasten to add and there's quite a bit of detailed planning and preparation beforehand.
Jamanda

What is the 2nd one on the wall? And what do the numbers underneath say?
catbaffler

What is the 2nd one on the wall? And what do the numbers underneath say?

The second one is a character called Lissener (he has no eyes)

The little cards are to show the titles, medium, etc.

For anyone familiar with the book, the titles are, from left to right:

"Mr Clevver's Roaling Place"

"The kid came forrit then in to the lite from the vennylater"

"Number Creaper on the stumps an stannings"

"Back in to earf agen"
Jamanda

This one

Looks interesting.
Ginkotree

Amazing....and wow! catbaffler

Thank you Smile

It's one of my favourite books.

After several years of not being able to do anything much, due to pretty rough personal circumstances , this has been an interesting and quite joyful journey of self rediscovery. Feels like I'm back in the world again now Very Happy
robkb

Lovely work, and a gobsmacking book. Ginkotree

Thank you Smile

It's one of my favourite books.

After several years of not being able to do anything much, due to pretty rough personal circumstances , this has been an interesting and quite joyful journey of self rediscovery. Feels like I'm back in the world again now Very Happy

We better watch out then.. Laughing
catbaffler

Ho Yuss! Very Happy DawnMK

wonderful work good luck with the exhibition Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home