Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Mary-Jane

If you've got 5 minutes, have a look/listen to this...

..."Back in 1989, as the Berlin Wall fell, Gunther Holtorf and his wife Christine set out on what was meant to be an 18-month tour of Africa in their Mercedes Benz G Wagon. Now, with more than 800,000km (500,000 miles) on the clock, Gunther is still going."

Really lovely, breathtaking and sad in equal measure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18910560
marigold

I picked that up from Twitter - it's a wonderful story. Well worth the time Very Happy
Tavascarow

Watching that has given me itchy feet.
Beautiful story.
vegplot

I was inspired. So inspired I went the Mercedes Benz web site to see how much the G was going for these days. Only 87,000 - 117,000!
Rob R

Wow - but think of all that fuel Shocked
Luath

Loely wee film, thanks for sharing. Inspiring, there should be more Gunthers in the world Very Happy
tahir

I was inspired. So inspired I went the Mercedes Benz web site to see how much the G was going for these days. Only 87,000 - 117,000!

Yeah. I used to have one fabulous things, but the price is shocking
jema

I'm curious as to what gives them that level of reliability?
woodsprite

Amazing! My wanderlust is always only just held in check and seeing something like this makes me even more determined to travel one day.
tahir

I'm curious as to what gives them that level of reliability?

It was developed as a Landrover alternative for the German army, based on the bulletproof Merc mechanicals of the time (they do nothing as reliable anymore), built in Austria by Steyr Puch. I had mine for 4 years nothing ever went wrong with it, loads of people have done mega miles in theirs with no issues (this one's definitely a bit extreme though)
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home