Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Lorrainelovesplants

info on using couriers wanted

Im selling some heavy stuff on ebay and need to use a courier.
Ive never used one before....
What am looking for exactly? This is for one -off items going through the UK.
Do they all collect from you or what?
Do they all cover down her in Corwallland?
Ebay has some info...picked up names like City Link economy and TNT....
Nick

Most will collect from you, yes. And even cover Cornwall.

Have a look at parcel2go.com
Lorrainelovesplants

Have had a bit of a search...
the cheapest seems to be ....collectplus...
they will do up to 10kg large parcel to Leeds 9for example) for £6.99 3-5 day delivery with £50 compensation and tracking included.

Does that sound good?
Chez

Try asking for a quote on http://www.shiply.com/
Shan

they will do up to 10kg large parcel to Leeds 9for example) for £6.99 3-5 day delivery with £50 compensation and tracking included.

Does that sound good?

Yes, that is a good price.
Lorrainelovesplants

have done the 'get a quote' thing on shiply...... have to wait now for someone to give ame a quote.....

so, if I list something on ebay I can basically put collection OR courier and list the price as a tenner and this will cover the cost....
most quotes coming in at £9.36 and the cheapest at £6.99.
Lorrainelovesplants

Hahahahaha!!!!!

Just had a quote from CCouriers......for £35!!!!! Rolling Eyes

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
Nick

Does that sound good?

Yes, that is a good price.

Sounds not bad. Run it through parcel2go.com and you'll generate a bunch of quotes instantly from all the main players. You'll probably need a printer, too. You can get a 5% discount if you list the ebay item with a parcel2go.com logo. Details on their site.
Rob R

I used parcel2go for the first time the other day but when it came to printing the labels out I got a blank PDF - the online help was frustrating at first, asking me repeatedly for my reference number even though I'd said that was the problem, but they got it e-mailed to me in the end. Shan

I use a combination of parcelmonkey & parceltogo Lorrainelovesplants

Okay- sold the sewing machine....
now have to organise the courier. Collect plus - lets see what you can do.....
Lorrainelovesplants

Fark, fark, fark!!! violent1

Have chickened out with collectplus - keep reading bad press. have decided on TNT, and am now waiting for the buyers phone no to complete the courier form.......
Frazzled_Barbie

Fark, fark, fark!!! violent1

Have chickened out with collectplus - keep reading bad press. have decided on TNT, and am now waiting for the buyers phone no to complete the courier form.......

I am using despatch bay and the parcels are sent via parcel force up to 20kg for £6.95 plus vat.

So far so good - been using them for 4 weeks, all delivered safely and no damages.

If you are still struggling to sort a courier then I can tack one onto my account as I can do an away pick from your address and deliver to your ebay customer if under 20 kg etc
T.G

I'm still waiting for a collection from city link ..they were SUPPOSED to collect on Friday...and although I was here all day updated their parcel tracking as premises closed... Shocked fck knows who they visited cus it weren't me Ö. Letís see if they find me today Rolling Eyes Lorrainelovesplants

The Citylink guy collec ted it at 3pm yesterday - he's delivered stuff to us before so knew where we were - here's hoping all goes smoothly...... T.G

I'm waiting STILL on collection by city link ..this is since Friday... to say i'm unimpressed is nowhere near the mark Lorrainelovesplants

Have you complained? Id be livid by now. T.G

I have, they're apparently calling tomorrow... I doubt it..it hasn't happened so far Rolling Eyes
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home