Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
joanne

It's Bowie's birthday & he's back...

...from his self-imposed hermitude and with a new single and album - His first in 10 years - today is a good day

'David Bowie to release new album, with surprise single out now' http://gu.com/p/3dv2f/tf

I'm not ashamed to say I cried just a little bit! Very Happy
Jamanda

Bit disapointing Sad
joanne

Why? It's very him - I have to say I like it - it has a melancholy air to it that he does very well - I am looking forward to seeing what the rest of the album is like as he's done it with Visconti
Went

The song is good but video not up to much - awaiting the rest of the album - Bowie was my hero when I was younger and I was even compared to him by a music reviewer when I was in my band - Ha !
robkb

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Beautiful song - happy birthday Mr Bowie!
planetman

Great song - best to listen to it without the video!
Welcome back Sir! Very Happy
lettucewoman

Video is awful....badly created heads and who on earth is the other person...the song was a bit melancholy but I think I will probably like it on further listening. The brief shots of him show hes still looking pretty good...mind you I liked his snaggle teeth and went off him a bit when he got them fixed!!

Very glad hes back...although would have been brilliant if he'd done the olympics..better than Paul I cant actually sing anymore Macartney Smile
sgt.colon

Dare I mention....Tin Machine. Very Happy
Mithril

Just listened (didn't watch the video) - I suspect it is one of those songs that grow on you. I rather liked it.
robkb

Due for a critical reappraisal any time now, when everyone who hated it at the time will realise how good it is Wink
joanne

Due for a critical reappraisal any time now, when everyone who hated it at the time will realise how good it is Wink

I sort of liked Tin Machine - I have all the albums

It's a creepy little video and I think it's Bjork sat next to him
robkb

It's a creepy little video and I think it's Bjork sat next to him

Check out the artist - Tony Oursler - he's done loads of stuff like that, and most of it is pretty creepy.
tahir

Didn't really get into Tin Machine, saw them live at Brixton Academy though, wasn't impressed. Hope this is good, be nice to see one of the most creative pop musicians ever back on form Behemoth

Berlin, ok and it's sunny and rainy and me and you.

Hmm didn't exactly get my toes tapping.
tahir

Do elephants have toes? robkb

Good article on the Quietus website. I loved this line at the end:

"There’s old music, there’s new music, and there’s David Bowie. If you are not jubilant, or at least mildly intrigued, by his return from behind the curtain, you are making your cosmos smaller than it needs to be."

http://thequietus.com/articles/11068-david-bowie-where-are-we-now-the-next-day
sgt.colon

If you are not jubilant, or at least mildly intrigued, by his return from behind the curtain, you are making your cosmos smaller than it needs to be."

This is me then. I heard his new song on radio 2 on my way home last night. Didn't think much of it.
robkb

Never mind, if you get that Hubble telescope you won't need to worry about your cosmos being small Wink sgt.colon

Laughing Laughing Behemoth

I find it's gone from slightly dull to gratingly annoying now. Once you know you know you know. Arse.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home