Lamb with red wine and tomatoes
- 4-6 shoulder chops
- 3-4 gloves garlic, chopped.
- two tins chopped tomatoes.
- two large sprigs rosemary.
- 1/2 bottle red wine
- sliced celery (or chopped root veg)
- Brown the lamb chops in batches in a large pan, set to one side.
- Deglaze pan with a splash of wine.
- add all ingredients together and mix, plus wine from pan.
- Layer chops in casserole dish with tomato and red wine.
- Cook at 140 deg for 3-4 hours or until tender and sauce is rich and thick.
I used celery as I had some to hand and it went well, but you can substitute this for any seasonal veg that casseroles well.
After cooking you can remove meat, and chill sauce to enable you to remove any fat. But the acid of the tomatoes cuts the fat of the lamb so it's not really required.