Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
James

looking for a cheap & basic cast iron woodstove

My parents have decided to use a woodburner to space heat their open-plan kitchen, dining room, hall way, stairs & landing. Its a large space, so I recon they'll probably need around 9kw (maybe enven a little more). They currently have a very inefficient oil reyburn, which makes the house too hot and doesnt supply enough heat to cook on.

surounded by woodland, buying wood is much cheaper than buying oil for them (they're spending 150 per month on oil! Surprised )

They're retired & money is tight. Anyone got any suggestions? Do clearview offer re-conditioned stoves? (they live 10 minutes from the factory & know the owners...). Any other second hand/ re-con outlets?
Nick

Re: looking for a cheap & basic cast iron woodstove

James wrote:
Do clearview offer re-conditioned stoves? (they live 10 minutes from the factory & know the owners...).

I'm guessing your parents will get the best answer to this themselves. Have you tried eBay?
sally_in_wales

We bought ours in Machinemart, very basic, very cheap
MarkS

http://www.harridgestoves.co.uk
Is the cheapest supplier I found.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home