Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Bodger

Ludlow Medieval Fayre.

This is going to be our next outing.

http://www.ludlowmedievalchristmas.co.uk/

We'll travel down on Saturday morning, enjoy the fayre and then stop in the town over night, what could be better? I'm really looking forward to it.
Lorrainelovesplants

That sounds lovely.....
Ive diarised it.
By this time, I should be ready for a weekend away with John...

Still trying to organise animal sitters for mid Oct for our first holiday in years Crying or Very sad Why do people let you down when they know its so important?
mochyn

It's a smashing show. We'll probaby be there.
vegplot

Ive diarised it.

You've done what to it?
Bodger

I know what she's done. thumbup
Nick

She's milked it.
gardening-girl

It looks fun,may have to book the weekend off duty.
mochyn

I like the Saturday even ing best. Very atmospheric.
earthyvirgo

It does sound fun. Might pencil it in on the calendar whilst is still relatively clear.

EV
Bodger

A boozey Saturday night beckons.
gardening-girl

I`m going to try and book somewhere to stay. Very Happy Very Happy
Is the castle in the town?Would like to abanndon the car for the weekend.
earthyvirgo

I`m going to try and book somewhere to stay. Very Happy Very Happy
Is the castle in the town?Would like to abanndon the car for the weekend.

We stayed in a very characterful farmhouse about 4 yrs ago when the food fest was on.

It was a few miles out of tho' g-g. We took our bikes and cycled in to town Smile

I'll see if I can drag the address out of some recess in my memory.

EV
gardening-girl

Booked a self catering place from Friday to Monday.We have loads of annual leave to take,so thought it would be a nice break. mochyn

The castle is surrounded on two sides by the town. It's a very lovely town, but less so to drive round. There is always park and ride for fairs and such. Woodsprite lives in the middle. woodsprite

Yes indeedy I do, a couple of hundred yards from the castle :0).
I love the medieval Fayre, it kicks off the Chrismas season for me and I agree with Mochyn, Saturday eve is the best.
Shall we all meet for a bevvie in town if folks are here for the weekend?
Cathryn

We are looking at this as well.

Does everyone stay overnight? I just wondered out loud about us all booking a self catering place and got an old fashioned look from Jack. (He loves you all really. Laughing)
Nick

I've always thought jack was very sensible. Cathryn

I've always thought jack was very sensible.

I may quote you on this. Smile
mochyn

Nick: you dont know Jack very well, do you? Laughing

Cathryn: I LOVE that idea.
Nick

He loves Cathryn, and is cautious about staying with you lot.

It's not a bad start.
mochyn

First part. OK, that's sensible.

Second part: ?! Surprised
woodsprite

If you're looking to book accomodation do it soon. Town is full to the brim for this last festival of the year. :0) woodsprite

Dont know if its booked but this place is good and could be shared
http://www.emilyplace.co.uk/index.htm
Cathryn

Who would be up for this? There would three of us. mochyn

I think the two of us could be seriously tempted. I'll have to ask the tiler first though. woodsprite

I could supply a blow up high double with pump if you're 3 could sleep together Cathryn, leaving two more double/twin rooms. Have done this before for friends, dont tell the owner ! Theres also a couple of small sofa's in the lounge, depends on how much peeps are willing to rough it. Wink Cathryn

Thank you Jules. I will let you know and see who else is interested. earthyvirgo

Ooo, we would, if there's room for two small ones Smile

EV
Cathryn

Right. Smile Shall we confirm absolutely by Tuesday and book it? Have to check with Ruby. She is wanting to know if there are any other children coming.

(If we take this cottage pleeease could we not have the bed under the eaves. He manages injuries in our high rooms. Rolling Eyes )
Bodger

I've rung all around the town and everywhere that I've phoned has been booked up for months. Crying or Very sad gardening-girl

If you are all coming,can we do a meet up?BTL and I have booked somewhere already,about 10 mins walk from the town. Bodger

We''be kipping at the second place on this link. In the town would have been better but at least its on the way towards home.

http://www.shropshiretourism.co.uk/church-stretton/inns-church-stretton.php
mochyn

May I suggest meeting in the beer tent at 7:30? Everyone should be there by then and it's not big enough to loose anyone. Cathryn

We hope to be there so see you in the beer tent (if not sooner). Bodger

May I suggest meeting in the beer tent at 7:30? Everyone should be there by then and it's not big enough to loose anyone.
Is that in the morning or the evening?
mochyn

You aren't exempt from becoming a luggage, you know. Bodger

Who you calling a bag ? Shocked Pel

What time do the stalls close? and open?
Hubs and I are hoping to go, and i'd (we) like to join in with the meet up at 7.30 in the beer tent on Sat.
Are littlies allowed in the tent? If not might be able to get the in-laws to look after Tiny for the afternoon and some of the evening (perhaps).
Nick

http://www.ludlowmedievalchristmas.co.uk/documents/programme.pdf Pel

http://www.ludlowmedievalchristmas.co.uk/documents/programme.pdf

Thanks Smile
Bodger

We're having a nice day today but tomorrow we are down to have a repeat of yesterdays weather and as you know, its the Medieval Christmas Fair in Ludlow this weekend. Shocked
We have rooms booked down there for tomorrow night and having travelled in that area before when its been flooded, I'm not sure whether we should risk it. What do you think. scratch
gardening-girl

We are in Ludlow.Not much water about,and the fair is going ahead.
Worst problem getting here was between Chepstow and Monmouth.Hereford traffic was BAD!!!!
Cathryn

We are wimping out. A nearly two hour drive there and then constant rain doesn't work. Sad

I am going to book a cottage for next year. Probably book it soon as well.

(We are going to Aberystwyth Food Fair instead. Yum!)
mochyn

Wuss. It's not raining here: in fact it's frosty and misty. Cathryn

It's not raining here either but the forecast for later and for that area... It's a shame. gardening-girl

Very frosty here in Ludlow. woodsprite

Not raining here in Ludders yet. See those who are coming later. vegplot

Thanks Smile

If I was ever clever enough to devise a search engine I'd think I'd call it Nick.
vegplot

We're not going, the weather doesn't look good and as everything is saturated it's not going to take much to flood the the roads. I also have a cold which hasn't put me in the best of spirits. mochyn

Sad That's a real pity. The beds all ready for you, too!

Neverw mind: we'll see everyone else later.

Woohoo! Laughing
Nick

Thanks Smile

If I was ever clever enough to devise a search engine I'd think I'd call it Nick.

Embarassed
Pel

We're not going, the weather doesn't look good and as everything is saturated it's not going to take much to flood the the roads.

We too didnt go for this reason, plus i'd forgotten about all the people crammed into a really small place. Hope it was good, hopefully will go next year instead.
Bodger

The rain started at around 2.00pm which was a great shame. Even so, we thoroughly enjoyed our shorter than planned visit. The pub that we stayed B&B in Church Stretton was bdooly nightmare but thats another story. mochyn

We had a lovely time. Because of the weather there were way fewer people than usual, but that meant we could get to everything. woodsprite

T'was lovely to see Mochyn and GardenGirl.
Tell me about the b&b Bodger, I'll know not to recommend it.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home