Norfolk Marrow Tart
- 8 oz shortcrust pastry (try Jamanda's article for step by step directions on pastry making)
- 2 oz jam
- 1 lb marrow
- 1 egg
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- Line a greased flan tin with the pastry.
- Spread with a thin layer of jam.
- Boil the marrow until soft and place in a colander to remove all the liquid.
- When cold add a well beaten egg and the nutmeg.
- Beat together and put into the bottom of the flan.
- Sprinkle with (lots) more nutmeg. I like nutmeg and cinnamon is also nice on it.
- Bake at 200°c for 10 - 15 minutes until it is just turning brown. Turn down to 180°c for about ten minutes to cook the pastry.
- Serve hot or cold.