Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
RichardW

Old roof lights

Spoted this item on ebay Link

Are they worth the starting bid?

Justme
MarkS

no

imho ymmv
RichardW

MarkS wrote:
no

imho ymmv

Eh?
I understood the No bit & the imho but wtf is ymmv?

Justme
MarkS

your mileage may vary

ie - different criteria / results etc - you may disagree.

bloody expensive for a rooflight I thought. Even if they are original - and its only one of them.
Marionb

Justme wrote:
MarkS wrote:
no

imho ymmv

Eh?
I understood the No bit & the imho but wtf is ymmv?

Justme

I've been trying to guess....

you must.... (something or other??)

Confused
RichardW

Not looking to buy them. Have a few lying around was wondering if they had much value. Will watch the auction & see if they sell.

Justme
RichardW

MarkS wrote:

bloody expensive for a rooflight I thought. Even if they are original - and its only one of them.

Thats what I though but some people have to use them on older buildings. About the same as a new velux type one. Hopefully Gervase will be along soon to give his opinion.

Justme
Gervase

If original it's a good price, and the main company that does repro versions charges more than that. If you've got some to sell you may be better off selling through Salvo than eBay however.
There will always be a market for such thing, as people in conservation areas or listed buildings can't just put a Velux in when they do an attic conversion (thankfully!).[/i]
RichardW

Cool, Thanks for that link.

Justme
gil

Yup, people with listed buildings would not be able to use veluxes - would think original rooflights might be quite scarce.

smug/worried smiley - I've got two 6-paned rooflights that are in reasonably nick (TFFT) at the mo. Wouldn't like to have to source replacements.
Green Rosie

Gervase - thanks for link - especially as it has a french section with some useful looking links
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home